Monday, October 11, 2010

Scene: It was Supposed to be a Romantic Movie...

It was Supposed to be a Romantic Movie...
copyright 2010

My guts were hurting waiting for Kara to show up. A blind date. The first date I had had since-- well, I try to put Jill out of my memory, but it's hard.

I had met Kara on Yahoo personals. We had emailed several times, gave the basics. And after the token ten bits of correspondence, she graciously granted me a look at her. Though the image was slightly pixelated, I could tell that she was attractive. Of course, in the world of cyberspace, the truth is often a casualty, so I didn't expect too much when we would met.

So I stood in front of the theater with my hands in my pockets, then out, then back again, trying to figure out the coolest way to present myself. The clamminess of my palms was getting to be unbearable and troublesome. I mean, I'm a handshake kind of guy, but what kind of impressions would I leave if I filled her hand with several ounces of liquid nervousness?

I heard some heels clicking on the pavement off to the left. I got scared. Do I look? Is it her? Would I be disappointed?

I took a chance, looked over in that direction, and what I saw was unbelievable...

No comments:

Post a Comment