Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Scene: Bachelor Pad

Bachelor Pad
2010

"Great, I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye," she said. The silky voice faded to silence and then a click. It was certain. She was coming over!

I couldn't have been happier. A DVD, some wine perhaps, and who knows what then. But my place...

I looked in the living room and saw the unfinished pizza box with two crushed cans of Coke. No big deal to clean.

The bedroom was a place that warranted some attention, just in case. New sheets: check. Vacuum: check. Incense: oh, yeah.

Now the bathroom-- Good gods! When was the last time I had cleaned it? Was it three weeks ago... no, no, two months... hmmm, a year and a half?

A cleaning brush sat well-intentioned next to a spray bottle that was filled with a cleaning agent. The mold on the container made it tough to tell what color the liquid inside was...

I had my work cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment