Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Poetry from younger years

I was rummaging through my bookshelf last night after a hard evening of teaching my mother tongue to elementary, junior high and senior high school kids and came upon a tome which I had not cracked open for some time. A thin layer of dust had already made the dark blue cover gray-ish. The contents within stirred memories and dreams of youth.

It was a collection of poems. I thought I would share some thoughts of yesteryear with you today.

"Having All and Yet Nothing"
by Chris Pelletier
copyright 1987

Glorious days have come about,
Where people rave and people shout.
Exhalting my name through the lands,
My empire built up by my own hands.
I have all that I want, but not what I need.
"Tis a woman I desire!" I plead.
"Just one love, one hope, one future, onde dream.
To revive my dead soul, my honor redeemed.
For without love what is life? Please do tell.
A life without love is a void in hell.
Please, oh fates, just give me one I could love
That will share hers willingly and is pure as a dove.
This is my only true request:
"Give to me love, give me the best."


"Technical 2150"
by Chris Pelletier
copyright 1987

What happened long ago?
I wonder what it was like?
They actually used books
And desks and cars adn planes
And bombs.
It was a bizarre society.
Ouch! I hurt.
I'll press "C" for comfort.
That's better.
There must be a technical fault
In my elbow unit,
Because each time there is
An acid rain shower approaching,
I can... feel it.
It is a bizarre word-- feel.
There is my pet robot, Moof.
They actually had animals for pets long ago.
How barbaric?
I am fatigued now.
I'll pray for the success of the corporation...
And now, I'll press "off."
Good night...
off

No comments:

Post a Comment