Monday, July 26, 2010

Movie Reviews

Last weekend, I had a movie fiesta with Avatar, Clash of the Titans and Bounty Hunter.

Avatar-- Wow. The visuals blew me away. I can see where the budget went. The look of it was fresh. I have never seen such a wonderful new world created on a science fiction film.

The plot was a bit simplistic, which there is nothing exactly wrong with that. Something rubbed me the wrong way about it. All of that technology that the earthlings had and yet, they held off using it, until the plot needed it to be used. Perhaps there should have been more motivation for the corporation to use it. It seemed rushed.

Clash of the Titans-- I really enjoyed it. I have the original version on DVD and the latest was quite different. On Yahoo reviews, die hard fans of the mediocre (yet charming) original were caustic in their criticism of how the story was so different. Why shouldn't it be? It is a new movie and the plot was made more intriguing than the original. If any criticism should be given about the story, it should be that Hollywood departed from the Greek myth of Perseus almost entirely.

I will end up having that on DVD as well as the original.

Bounty Hunter-- Gads. I am a huge fan of Gerard Butler in 300 (historical actions make the world go around, in my opinion), but he was lacking in this mediocre comedy with Jennifer Aniston.

Comparing the former Mrs. Brad Pitt with the current almost Mrs. Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston is not a Hollywood star, whereas Angelina-- enough said. Aniston can never be a cinematic celeb. Her acting is fair for TV comedy, but she can't pull off roles. She needs to either go back to TV or just sit back and collect royalties from friends.

Gerard needs to be more careful with his role selection or else he will be sending himself into obscurity along with Dolph Lundgren.


The next movie that I will see is the new Sherlock Holmes movie. I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes, so I can't wait.

Carpe diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment